Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Genius Wars by Catherine Jinks

Image taken from Allen&Unwin.com


Looking back at the last few book reviews I have written here, I have realised that I have been WAY behind in updating you all on the new books I have been reading! For this I apologise...

To return to what I have read, I have definitely finished reading the conclusion to the Genius Trilogy, and just like the other two books, Catherine Jinks does not fail us in providing a rather entertaining tale!

"Genius Wars" sends us a few months later after Genius Squad has eventually been disbanded. Cadel is enjoying life as a university student, until random sightings of Prosper English force Cadel to once again live a life of hiding. This would be tolerable for him, if it weren't for the fact that his friends from the Genius Squad - not to mention his soon-to-be adoptive parents - have had threats carried out against them. Once again it is up to Cadel to save the day and protect the people he holds dear.

This book wastes no time in getting into the action, and is just as fast-paced as the first installment was. Jinks has cleverly managed to answer all questions that were left unanswered from the first two books, and manages to keep the suspense going up until the very end. The rather "ambiguous" ending I also find to be quite clever, for reasons you should find out for yourself by reading this book.

All in all, the Genius Trilogy are three of the best books I have read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment