Sunday, July 12, 2009

Alexander Kai: Death God by Metha Metharom



"I am a Necromancer,
someone who can talk to the
dead, has power over the dead
and can do a hell of a lot of other
things, which I am not sure yet
what they all are...

...I am still a little surprised
by the fact that I have agreed to
continue to do their work...

I do agree with them
though that my power, if left
unchecked could be dangerous,
so maybe that’s why I agree to
continue on with their work, to
learn more about my powers..."


When 20 year old Alexander Kai miraculously survives a brutal stabbing in the park near his neighborhood, his life is drastically changed forever. Through the aid of a ghost by the name of Oliver Jones, and a Nephilum by the name of Davis, Alexander Kai discovers that he is a Necromancer - a person with extraordinary supernatural powers, who can communicate with the dead. Furthermore, he has volunteered his services to Super Solutions, a detective agency whose mission it is to solve supernatural crimes and to bring any lawless spirits to justice. We follow Alexander's journeys between the realms of the living and the dead, as he and his fellow colleagues endeavour to solve unsual and most puzzling crimes and restore peace to the dead and the undead.

This six book series showcases some of Metha's darker works. Very well written and full of suspense, you will not want to put them down until you've reached the end. The books are written in such a way that the reader can pick up any one of them, without necessarily having to read them in chronological order, and be able to get the gist of what has happened in the previous book, without having to read from the very beginning.

The books can either be purchased separately, or altogether as one book, such is how I had read them (I received the book which had all six books in one).

I strongly recommend this series to any horror/fantasy fans out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment